Sunday, December 20, 2009

Once upon a time.....

Once upon a time in this little bar I sat on a stool waiting for a friend of mine. She never showed up but I found it was not a wasted trip that lonely night. I listened to music and had a drink which I won't drink much when I drive. So I just sipped away at my drink and listened to the music and people try to sing.

I watched this guy come into the bar as I watched I could see the bouncer was asking for ID and this guy just lifted his hat to show his bald head as if to say you think I'm not of age and the bouncer let him in, I sat and chuckled to myself that was so cute.

Shortly after this guy while walking past me, stopped looked at me with a big smile and told me how beautiful I was and asked if I was alone. When I told him yes he asked if he could sit with me, still looking at me with wonder and a glisten in his eyes. Like he couldn't understand how I could be alone.

He finished his trip to the bathroom came right back and sat down beside me. He asked me all kinds of questions and told me all about himself. We talked and talked. He had me laughing and smiling with such wonder. I wonder why he had chosen me, what does he see so special? He was amazing he told me of the jobs he had and that he was a Veteran. He would touch my face and tell me how beautiful I was and he even wanted to kiss me. He wanted to get out of that place and go some where else. I wanted to take off with him but I did not know him and wouldn't go. All of me wanting to I have to confess.

We sat and talked he knew everything about me by the time the night was over. I had no worries I just figured he was drunk and wouldn't even remember meeting me in the morning. I gave him my number on a bar napkin with hopes he would call. To my surprise he texted me. We text back and forth for a short very short time, when the kids he was watching ran off with his phone. I thought what the heck?  why does he even bother not knowing the reason behind our lost communication I said a few not so nice things and thought I knew it.

The next day I received a phone call and he explaned what had happened. I felt like such a heel and asked him when he did find his phone to disregard the last few text. He told me all the things we had talked about at the bar that night and even things I didn't remember till he started telling me. He still knew my full name, my hair color and the color of my eyes. He said he knew when he met me I was a good person. We talked on and off and he kept wanting me to go to his place. He knew he wanted to see me again just as I knew I needed to see him again. I had to find out is this to good to be true? We made a date to walk around the July carnival with a friend of mine and our girls. I took him home after the carnival but first we sat by the water under the bridge. We talked and even hugged and kissed, his arms felt so good around me. I knew he had to be the one and I wasn't about to give up without finding out.

Well it is now Christmas and it will be our first Christmas together. He is still with us even though our home is full of havoc and chaos he is ready over come whatever comes our way. He is a great father figure to my children and I wish so much that we could have meet years ago. My daugther just helped him put christmas lights up outside and thats something we never had. He does things and would help any of my kids out that needed it no matter what it was. He works with  Katherine and wants her to do the best she can. He has taken her under his wing she is the youngest and he wants the same for her as I do. Funny thing is she respects him and loves him and has accepted him into this family which I never thought she would accept anyone. I just wish my boys were younger they'd have the tree fort they always wanted. But no matter what someday they may come to him for help and I know he will be there. He loves us more then anything I know I feel it ever minute of everyday. Not that we won't have our hard times I know we will. But we will get past them our love is strong and we know that we are meant for eachother. WE ARE A FAMILY!!

P.S.  He still has that napkin with my number on it and still tells me everyday how much he loves me. He now has been sending me love letters so I can read them all the time. But most of all even if he never said he loved me again I would know. I feel love with all he does, when he looks at me, when he holds me, even when were doing something together like dishes. I know I feel it!
Thank you Ed for comming into our lives, we love YOU!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you and Papa love Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the story how the two of you meet! I am happy for the two of you that you have found each other!

    ReplyDelete